Impact Hub Stockholm provides a unique integral experience for those interested in social innovation and entrepreneurship. The company is part of a global network of Impact Hubs, that supports 24,200+ impact-driven entrepreneurs and innovators, connecting them with organizations, investors and the public sector all over the world. Part innovation lab, part business incubator, and part community center, it offers its members a unique ecosystem of resources, inspiration and collaboration opportunities to accelerate the transition to a more just and sustainable future. Impact Hub also has experience in managing European funded projects. We are dedicated to fostering international partnerships in entrepreneurial support, innovation projects, training and education, as well as mobility programs that support participants and institutions. Join our team!
Join the team as a Impact Assessment Specialist
The Impact Measurement, Management, and Assessment Specialist is responsible for designing, implementing, and managing impact measurement frameworks and systems to evaluate and assess the effectiveness of an organization’s programs, projects, initiatives and impact assessment efforts of specific projects, ensuring its alignment with UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), relevant EU policies, and best practices across various areas for social and ecological development. This role involves developing key performance indicators (KPIs), monitoring impact metrics, analyzing data, and providing recommendations to enhance social, environmental, and economic outcomes.
This position requires a unique blend of expertise in impact measurement, sustainability, and policy analysis, as well as exceptional communication skills to convey the project’s impact to stakeholders.
As an Impact Assessment Specialist with a focus on sustainability and consulting services, you will play a crucial role in evaluating and enhancing the social, environmental, and economic impacts of projects and initiatives. Your expertise in impact measurement and management will contribute to driving positive change and fostering sustainable practices. This position is well-suited for individuals experienced in calculating carbon footprints and conducting environmental impact assessments. Additionally, you should thrive in international environments, as you will collaborate with diverse stakeholders across various regions and cultures. By joining Impact Hub, the largest network of social entrepreneurs, you will have the opportunity to be part of a global movement and leverage your skills to make a meaningful difference in the world.
Impact Measurement Frameworks:
Develop impact measurement frameworks aligned with organizational objectives, theory of change, and industry best practices.
Identify and define key performance indicators (KPIs) and outcome measures for various programs and initiatives.
Design data collection tools, surveys, and methodologies to capture relevant impact data.
Data Collection and Analysis:
Implement impact data collection systems and processes, ensuring data integrity, accuracy, and reliability.
Conduct quantitative and qualitative data analysis to identify trends, patterns, and insights related to program impact.
Utilize statistical techniques and software tools to interpret data and generate meaningful reports.
Impact Reporting and Communication:
Prepare regular impact reports and dashboards to communicate findings, progress, and recommendations to internal and external stakeholders.
Collaborate with marketing and communications teams to effectively convey impact stories and achievements.
Respond to inquiries and provide expertise on impact measurement and assessment methodologies.
Monitor the effectiveness of impact measurement systems and recommend enhancements or modifications as needed.
Stay updated with industry trends, research, and emerging practices related to impact measurement, management, and assessment.
Contribute to the development and implementation of organizational strategies for improving impact outcomes.
Carbon Footprint and Environmental Impact Assessment:
Conduct carbon footprint calculations and environmental impact assessments for projects and organisations, utilising industry-standard methodologies and tools.
Analyze data to identify areas for improvement and provide recommendations for reducing environmental footprints.
Consulting and Advisory Services:
Offer consulting services to external clients on impact measurement, sustainability strategy, and ESG (Environmental, Social, and Governance) considerations.
Collaborate with clients to develop customized impact measurement frameworks aligned with their unique missions and objectives.
Engage with international partners, projects, and stakeholders, adapting impact assessment methodologies to different cultural contexts and regional priorities.
Support the implementation of impact measurement initiatives in various countries to drive sustainable development.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a relevant field, such as environmental science, sustainability, international development, or a related discipline.
- Proven experience in impact measurement and management, with a strong track record in assessing project sustainability.
- Proficiency in designing impact measurement frameworks, KPI development, and impact data analysis.
- Strong analytical skills, including experience with statistical software and data visualization tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner.
- Familiarity with industry standards and frameworks for impact measurement, such as the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), Global Reporting Initiative (GRI), or Impact Management Project (IMP) as well as carbon footprint calculation methods and environmental impact assessment tools.
- Comfortable working in diverse international environments, with an understanding of cultural nuances and regional challenges.
- Experience in project management, including the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
- Proficiency in English and Swedish (additional languages are a plus).
- Passion for sustainability and social entrepreneurship.
Global Network of Social Entrepreneurs and Innovators:
Access to a vast network of like-minded professionals and change-makers from around the world.
Opportunities for collaboration, knowledge-sharing, and partnership-building with other social entrepreneurs and organizations.
Professional Growth and Development:
Continuous learning and skill enhancement through workshops, webinars, and events organized by Impact Hub and its partners.
Exposure to cutting-edge sustainability practices and methodologies.
Be part of a mission-driven community focused on creating positive social and environmental impacts.
Contribute to projects and initiatives that address pressing global challenges and promote sustainable development.
- This role is based in Stockholm while occasionally requires traveling to connect with our global network and projects.
- Full-time with a flexible working schedule.
- Based salary is 35,000 SEK per month, 25 days of paid time off annually and local public holidays
- Monthly SL travel costs and wellness allowance (est. 4,000 SEK)
- Consulting Services compensation: this role offers a chance to leverage your expertise to guide external clients in impact measurement, sustainability, and related fields. Designing workshops and programs that can lead to extra compensation.
- Contract length: undetermined period contract; 6 months probationary period.
- Allowances and other contributions: full coverage of costs to attend requested internal/external workshops, conferences, and events; access to all company systems for work and communication.
- Standard Job Benefits in Sweden: As an employee of Impact Hub, you will be eligible for standard job benefits in accordance with Swedish labor laws.
- Preferred starting date: September 4, 2023.
Apply by: August 28th
Please send your application to [email protected] including your CV, and intention letter highlighting your relevant experience, and any other supporting documents too. Subject: Impact Assessment Specialist position in the subject line of your email.
Only the selected candidates will be contacted for the interview phase in the recruitment process.
Upon initial screening, additional interviews will be conducted with selected applicants on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Impact Hub is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression. Research has shown that some applicants from more marginalised or vulnerable groups do not apply if they do not meet 100% of the criteria while those from better off, educated backgrounds apply even if they only meet 60% of the criteria. If you are in doubt but feel this job is a fit for you and in line with your own learning goals, please apply! All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.