Volunteer for change
Impact Hub Stockholm is part of the rapidly growing Impact Hub network – a network of impact entrepreneurs and innovators with more than 17,000 members in 100+ cities around the world. Since starting in 2005, we have grown from one single location in London to a worldwide network reaching from Stockholm to Tokyo and from Vienna to San Francisco.
Impact Hubs offer a unique ecosystem that supports entrepreneurial solutions to address the major challenges of our time. Besides hosting a coworking space, we provide access to a valuable network, organize inspiring events and support various programs.
Impact Hub Stockholm is a global community of passionate people. Our coworking space is a meeting place for businesses and other organizations that put people and planet first. It’s your home away from home. Here, you have access to our unique ecosystem of resources, inspiration and collaboration opportunities to help you grow the impact of your business. Most importantly, you have the opportunity to become a part of the growing movement that is driving positive change for a better world.
About the role.
We are currently on the lookout for people who would like to become Community Hosts. The hosting team is at the core of our DNA: we connect, inspire and support social entrepreneurs to expand their projects and enterprises and create impact for a better tomorrow. In order to become a Community Host, there are a few tasks that you need to commit to. Find some examples here:
- Manage the space and welcome guests and visitors
- Host meaningful conversations with members, keep our overall community engaged and up-to-date with what’s happening
- Onboard new members and introduce them to the rest of our Impact Family
- Foster an environment in which joint forces and collaborations can arise through active listening, observing and asking questions.
- Keep the office tidy and professional during the day so people can get on with changing the world!
Events & meetings
- When hosting events, you are the “face” of Impact Hub and the person our guests first encounter. Your job will be to welcome guests and create a vibrant and safe atmosphere.
- Facilitate community events or host your own theme based workshops with members or guests.
- Prepare and set up rooms for meetings and events.
- Feed our social media platforms, write blog articles or create reports on impactful events hosted in the space or to our wider network.
- Put yourself in charge of our member wall, guide interviews with members and the team to create profiles to spark conversation while expanding your own network.
- Play an active role in our global community app and fill it with life, great content and news from Stockholm. Be the local touching point for global collaborations!
- Put your knowledge into action and implement improvements for even better customer experience.
- Look deeper into topics of your interest: create yourself the volunteer job you love and make the most out of it.
- This can include anything from designing a poster for the space to practicing lean business canvas methods for your own project ideas. We give you all the freedom we possibly can as long as you fulfill your role as a Community Host.
Good to know.
The position is unpaid and requires a minimum commitment of 3 months with 10 hours per week. Talk to us about hosting in a way that suits you best: whether that is a university internship or a voluntary activity besides your studies. Maybe you are in a transitional period in-between jobs or dream of starting your own business and are looking for an inspiring professional network in Stockholm.
Start date: Early 2019
During your time here, you will be acquainted with a new way of working, develop your own self-confidence and practice creativity, and you will create great value and build an extensive network for your career! You will experience the opportunities and impact that grow from working in a worldwide network like ours, in which you can always draw from the support and expertise of your 1200+ fellow Impact Makers around the globe.
You will do well in this role if you
- Are proactive, have a creative mind and a problem-solving mentality
- Are welcoming with a positive attitude and pay attention to details
- Share our affinity for sustainability and social change
- Are a master of the English language (fluent in speaking and writing)
- Are not afraid to learn from failure
In return for your commitment, you will
- Be part of a global network of impact-driven individuals and world-changing ventures
- Have a diverse and dynamic team to support you
- Work in an awesome and modern office in the heart of Stockholm (right by Hötorget T-bana)
- Have the chance to participate in inspiring community events and networking opportunities
- Learn from over 10 years of impact-driven business.
By being a community host, you get to work in an inspiring office while being the face and the heart of our community. You’ll be trained to play a supporting role as an ambassador and if you’re committed, you will have the opportunity to continue with us as you grow.
Join the world’s largest network of social entrepreneurs.
Send us your CV and motivation letter to be considered for our ongoing intake.
For questions about the role, contact email@example.com