Start Your Impact Story
Climate change, inequality, and poverty can’t wait. We need to drive change from all directions to meet the critical challenges that our world is facing. And to do it, we need to think differently. Join Sweden’s first community for social innovation. Through Trust, Courage and Collaboration, we are creating a better future for the generations to come. Now you have the opportunity to become a part of the growing movement that is driving positive change for a better world.
Read on to start your impact story.
About the role.
Our team of Community Hosts is at the core of our DNA: we connect, inspire and support social entrepreneurs and changemakers to expand their projects and enterprises and create impact for a better tomorrow. As a Community Host, you will be given the responsibility of managing daily operations, representing Impact Hub, and growing your network. Here are examples of what your role will include:
- Manage the space and welcome guests and visitors
- Host meaningful conversations with members, keep our overall community engaged and up-to-date with what’s happening
- Onboard new members and introduce them to the rest of our Impact Family
- Foster an environment in which joint forces and collaborations can arise through active listening, observing and asking questions.
- Keep the office tidy and professional during the day so people can get on with changing the world!
Events & meetings
- When hosting events, you are the “face” of Impact Hub and the person our guests first encounter. Your job will be to welcome guests and create a vibrant and safe atmosphere.
- Facilitate community events with members or guests.
- Prepare and set up rooms for meetings and events.
- Feed our social media platforms or publish articles to highlight impactful events and people.
- Interview entrepreneurs to create networking profiles to drive collaborations while expanding your own network.
- Play an active role in our online community and fill it with life, great content and news. Be the local touching point for collaborations!
- Put your knowledge into action and implement improvements for even better experiences.
- Take on more responsibilities in your areas of interest: create a meaningful and challenging experience for yourself.
- This can include anything from creating training videos to improving team onboarding, to developing a lean canvas to drive your own project forward in your area of expertise. We give you all the freedom we possibly can.
Good to know.
The position is unpaid and requires a minimum commitment of 3 months with 10 hours per week. If you increase your commitment, you will experience stronger, faster growth. Talk to us about hosting in a way that suits you: whether that is a certified university internship or a voluntary activity besides your work or studies. Whether you are in a transitional period between industries and want to “give back”, you dream of starting your own business, or you’re looking for an immersive introduction to social entrepreneurship in Stockholm, we can help you grow.
Start date: Now
At Impact Hub Stockholm you will be acquainted with a new way of working to develop your self-confidence and project management skills. Best of all, you will create great value and build an extensive network for your career!
You will excel in this role if you
- Are action-oriented and have a problem-solving mentality
- Are welcoming with a positive attitude
- Pay close attention to details
- Share our affinity for sustainability and social change
- Are a master of the English language (fluent in speaking and writing)
- Are not afraid to learn from failure
In return for your commitment, you will
- Broaden your network of impact-driven individuals and world-changing ventures
- Be supported by a diverse and dynamic team
- Work in a dynamic and modern office in the heart of Stockholm
- Participate in inspiring events and networking opportunities
- Learn from over 10 years of impact-driven business
By being a community host, you get to work in an inspiring office while being the face and the heart of our community. You’ll be trained to play a supporting role as an ambassador and if you’re committed, you will have the opportunity to continue with us as you grow.
Impact Hub Stockholm is part of the rapidly growing Impact Hub network – a network of impact entrepreneurs and innovators with more than 17,000 members in 100+ cities around the world. Since starting in 2005, we have grown from one single location in London to a worldwide network reaching from Stockholm to Tokyo and from Vienna to San Francisco.
Our coworking space is a meeting place for businesses and other organizations that put people and planet first. It’s your home away from home. Here, you have access to our unique ecosystem of resources, inspiration and collaboration opportunities to help you grow your impact. Most importantly, you have the opportunity to become a part of the growing movement that is driving positive change for a better world.
Join the world’s largest network of social entrepreneurs and start your impact story.
Send us your CV and motivation letter to be considered for our ongoing intake.
For questions about the role, contact email@example.com