Are you a student interested in the entrepreneurial world? An international expat looking for opportunities and network in Stockholm and beyond? An entrepreneur interested in getting into the Impact Hub experience? Or maybe just a curious mind interested in supporting social impact and help in nourishing a vibrant community of changemakers?
Come and learn about our Community Hosts Volunteer program!
Impact Hub Stockholm is a habitat for social innovators, entrepreneurs and professionals to meet, work and learn. We are part of a global network of changemakers, working across disciplines, acting across sectors, with amazing people putting ideas into action. The hosting team is at the core of our DNA: we connect, inspire and support social entrepreneurs to scale up their projects and enterprises and create a positive impact on society.
By being a community host, you get:
- To work in an inspiring habitat surrounded by cool initiatives of entrepreneurs from the network.
- You’ll be trained in different disciplines regarding entrepreneurship by our team and members of the community (Duo weekly trainings).
- Free access to events in our space and different educational programs (Impact Hub Business Lab, +Acumen leadership program, and more)
- A free unlimited membership during your hosting period, so you can work on your own ideas and connect with others “off duty”.
- Experience in working on different projects and getting a closer look in a growing and exciting global network that change the way we do businesses.
What does a community host do?
You play a key role in creating a great experience for the members and guests of the Impact Hub Stockholm. You are their first point of contact in the space and make sure they feel welcomed and empowered to make their business a success. You will be that person everyone in the community knows as the ‘to go to’ person whether it’s online or offline. You will learn to know members who work in different areas and connect them to each other in order to facilitate a vibrant community. You will participate in strategy days and team building activities so we can keep improving our awesomeness!
Your tasks will consist of (and are not limited to):
- Keeping overview of the space and welcome guests and visitors;
- Providing info about Impact Hub, facilitate community events;
- Host meaningful conversations with members, and keep our overall community engaged and up to speed with what’s happening;
- Drive a project of your choice and experiment your skills in an smart international environment.
- Be an Impact Hub Embassador and spread the word in external events, Afterworks, festivals, etc.
- You’re encouraged to engage in community driven initiatives!
The role requires you to commit to one day a week of hosting (9-5) + A duo weekly 3 hour team meeting which includes entrepreneurial training, updates and team building activities. The volunteer is for minimum of 6 months. Swedish is not required.
What are we looking for?
People that love to enable people to grow and shine, people who are open, self-organizing, independent, solution driven proactive and hands on. You try to find opportunities in every encounter keeping the whole network in mind. You are hospitable, interested in our community, and you’re committed to learn and willing to invest time in growing yourself and our community members.
Naturally we expect you to grab your chance and become a member of the Impact Hub community.