As you may have heard, Folkhälsomyndigheten has released new recommendations for the Stockholm Region, lasting until November 19. The situation within Europe is critical and while we will do our best to remain open to provide a safe space for those of you who cannot work from home, we will need your help and cooperation to protect each other.
From October 29th the public is recommended to avoid indoor environments like shops, shopping malls, museums, libraries, swimming pools and gyms, as well as meetings, concerts, exhibitions, sports training, matches and competitions.
Sweden Radio Oct 29 (listen here in English)
It’s not always easy to figure out how best to apply these recommendations to real life, so I’ve created a list of 7 things you can do to minimize the risk of spreading Covid-19 to those in the office:
- Take your meetings online: Members and Coworkers can book our Zoom Room free of charge. Make sure you book a meeting room at the same time so you have a quiet space to conduct your online meeting;
- Book a larger meeting room: Use a room that allows for plenty of space between participants. If you offer classes, please consider live streaming your content to avoid bringing people into the space until further notice from Folkhälsomyndigheten. Do not exceed the capacity for meeting rooms to ensure that the ventilation is sufficient to maintain a clean atmosphere;
- Live stream your event or seminar: To continue engaging your audience through live content, talk to me about what you want to achieve and I’ll walk you through our different options;
- Use the Covid-safe room: We’ve collaborated with Njord to make Courage a Covid-safe room. The ventilation system creates an air shower that circulates purified air in a downward stream, to protect meeting participants from inhaling each other’s breath and potentially virus particles along with it;
- Use hand sanitizer & surface disinfectant: Be sure to wash/disinfect your hands before entering the space, and always wash your hands after touching shared items (fridge door, coffee pot, door handles, your colleague’s pen, etc). Wipe down meeting room surfaces with surface disinfectant before and after use. Use the gloves provided as surface disinfectant is corrosive on the skin;
- Keep your distance: Face away from the person you are talking to and keep a safe distance. Avoid physical contact;
- Book Day Passes in advance (Global+ and Virtual Office Members only): Email us 24-hours before you plan to visit so we can maintain a good overview of how busy the space will be. If we have reached our safe capacity, we will let you know so you can visit at another time instead.
If you have any tips, questions or concerns, please share them with me so we can work with you to make things easier. We know that everyone may face challenges during this time. If you experience any difficulties, let me know so we can do our best to help.
Cathy Xiao Chen is the Head of Operations at Impact Hub Stockholm. With a passion for supporting social impact, she advises and connects changemakers with collaborators to maximize impact.